Summer is the season of love, braai’s, parties, and vacations - and there’s no better way to wash down those hot Summer days and nights than with an icy cold Iced Tea cocktail - and a bit of magic!
You’ll be the talk of the party with this show stopping delicious Colour Changing Unicorn Margarita - The use of Blue Butterfly Pea Flowers creates a pink, purple, and blue layered cocktail. It’s magical colours and flavours are definitely what you need to spruce up your Summer!
- Blue ice cubes (infuse ¼ cup butterfly pea flowers in 1 cup boiling water and place in the freezer to set)
- Butterfly pea flower simple syrup (mix ¼ cup butterfly pea flowers with 1 cup boiling water and 1 cup sugar)
- ½ cup butterfly pea flowers
- 90ml flavoured sparkling water (raspberry/watermelon flavour)
- 1 fresh mint sprig
- 1 cup sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 45ml tequila
- 15ml Triple sec
- 1 cup boiled water
- 1 cup water
- 22ml lime juice
- Blue ice cups: Steep ¼ cup butterfly pea flowers in hot water until the water turns dark blue (approx 10 mins) then set in ice cube tray and place in the freezer
- Butterfly pea flower simple syrup: Bring 1 cup water to a boil on the stove and add 1 cup sugar and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved - remove the sugar syrup from the heat and add the ¼ cup butterfly pea flowers - allow the syrup to steep for a few hours before making your unicorn margarita
- Add 45ml tequila, 15ml triple sec, 15-20ml butterfly pea flower simple syrup to a cocktail shaker - add ice and shake well
- Place blue ice cubes into your cocktail glass and pour your mixture from the shaker directly onto the blue ice
- Top with flavoured sparkling water of your choice and stir
- Garish with a mint sprig
- Pour lime juice slowly over the drink to change the colour from blue to purple to pink
- Enjoy this magical cocktail!
This fun and magical cocktail is perfect for sprucing up any event or party!
Check out our Hibiscus Prosecco Iced Tea Cocktail for a splash of floral and a dash of bubbles!